Raves and Rants :
Shipping and delivery was very fast and I would buy this product again. The form factor was perfect for fitting in my adventure cases and also for backpacking. Keeps things organized, clean and dry during all weather conditions.
Get Organized! Ideal for organizing storage spaces in motorcycles, camper vans, truck campers, SUV's, drawer systems, off-road vehicles, and RV's. The Kit Kube system is a set of Adventure-Duty organizing Kubes for your travel gear. It’s not just some Kubes, it’s a modular dimensional storage system designed to optimize packing efficiency and accessibility for any size storage area.
- Dimensional system allows efficient stacking of Kubes to fill any storage space
- Clear window enables you to immediately see the contents of the Kube
- Heavy-duty materials and oversized zippers to hold up to rugged outdoor use
- Water resistant and fast drying (poly fabric is urethane coated on the inside)
- Resistant to wear from the vibration of off-road driving
- Minimum bulk so as not to consume your precious storage space
- Handles to assist in removing and carrying the Kubes
- Soft sides allow under and over-stuffing for flexibility in packing
- Kubes compress contents to take up less space for soft items like clothes
- Use Kit Kubes to subdivide larger storage areas into an organized system
- Kit Kubes are also a perfect dimensional fit for backpacks and carry-on suitcases
- Washable: just toss into the washer & dryer to freshen up
The three sizes of Kit Kubes are:
- Small: 6.5” L x 6.5” W x 3.25” H (2.25 liter); 2.8 oz. (79 grams)
- Medium: 13” L x 6.5” W x 3.25” H (4.5 liter); 4.2 oz. (120 grams)
- Large: 13” L x 13” W x 3.25” H (9.0 liter); 5.3 oz. (150 grams)
Tired of digging through unorganized piles of gear to find something specific? Kit Kubes allow you to subdivide your gear into kits that make sense to you. Three different sizes allow you to choose the right size container for the items you want together. The thick, heavy-duty PVC window on top allows you to see the contents of each Kube so you easily locate what you’re looking for. This feature has been the most appreciated by early adopters of the Kit Kube.
The Kit Kube is designed to be used in rugged outdoor environments and inside vehicles driving on rough roads that subject them to abrasion due to vibration. The Kit Kube is made from rugged, water-resistant 600 Denier Poly fabric with polyurethane coating, oversized zippers with tabbed pulls for easy use with a gloved hand, and a thick, high-quality PVC window.
The Kit Kube is flexible and can flow around irregularities in the storage space if necessary (unlike a hard case). Storage spaces in overland vehicles tend to be small and lack uniformity. Some spaces are not very accessible but are great for storing gear that may only be used in an emergency. Larger spaces need to be subdivided to maintain packing efficiency and utility.
Notice that each dimension is a multiple of another. That’s what makes the Kit Kube system work. All Kubes are 3.25” tall. Two layers adds up to 6.5” which is the width of the Small and Medium Kubes – so these can be turned sideways to stack along side of the two layers and fill in additional space. And 2 x 6.5” = 13.0” which is the width dimension of the Medium and Large Kubes.
An additional bonus feature is that the dimensions of the Kit Kubes also work well with the typical backpack and carry-on suitcase dimensions. This allows a traveler to easily move contents from one “container” to another or from one vehicle to another (e.g., motorcycle to camper van to backpack).
Specifications and Materials:
Body: 600x600 Denier Polyester with a Polyurethane coating on the inside for water resistance. This material was chosen for its high resistance to abrasion and durability. It is fast drying and resists mold, mildew, soil, and stains. This material is also very tear resistant – if something manages to punch through the fabric the tear will not propagate. This material is used on many big brand backpacks and luggage.
PVC Window: We use a high grade PVC material that can withstand temperatures ranging from 180°F (82°C) down to 0°F (-18°C). The thickness is a robust 0.012” (0.3 mm).
Handles: The handles are made from 1-inch (25 mm) wide nylon, sewn to the body with polyester thread, and reinforced on the inside. These were tested by filling the cube with a brick and shaking as hard as possible without any tearing of the stitching or the fabric.
Zippers: The zippers are oversized for extra strength and durability. The two-way head-to-head, coiled nylon zipper allows you to open either end of the lid for access to contents. The reliable metal slider and injection molded pull tabs allow easy actuation even with a gloved hand.
Seams: These use strong polyester thread reinforced with plastic piping to protect the corners from abrasion. The seams are covered on the inside for appearance and additional strength.
Overall: The Kit Kubes are washable. Just throw them in the washing machine and dryer to freshen them up if they accumulate dirt from a particularly filthy adventure.